Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Hey anybody who might actually be reading this. This is the first time I have ever blogged so forgive me if I do not do it 'right.' I really have no idea what I am doing. I named this blog 'One Rock Cries Out' for two reasons. One 'Rock' is a nickname I got in college and it has stuck with me through six years in the USMC and is still with me today after four and a half years in the ministry. I also used it as a reference to Luke 19:40 where Jesus said, "If they kept quiet, the stones along the road would burst into cheers!" this is in response to the Pharisees telling Him to get the people quiet who were worshiping Him as he made His way into Jerusalem on a donkey. I do not ever want to be 'out cried' by a rock. Rather, I want us, His children, to be the rocks along the road. I want everyone I meet to know how I feel about Jesus. I want all of us to be the rocks crying out for Him, and I want to be one of those rocks. I apparently already am a rock, but I want to be one of those, not just a mute rock sitting around doing no good. I will have more to write about those rocks later, but for now,
Cya.
David Sheffield

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sweet deal man...and you live so close to me now! woohoo!