Wednesday, December 27, 2006

My Jesus-Would you recognize Him, really?

Hey everybody. I am sorry that it has been a while since I posted. The Holy-days have been busier for me than I thought they would be and with so much homework to do I have really been tied up. I want to take a break from the Daniel story today and ask you to do something. I have been hit really hard lately about who I really think Jesus is. It sounds like a simple question, but let me ask you and ask you to really think about it beyond the Sunday school answer, even beyond what you may have learned in Bible college, even think beyond Peter's answer. This is a great time of year to think about it:
Who is Jesus, really?
Let me also ask you to go to this site, www.buzzplant.com/toddagnew/ecard2/ and listen to this song by Todd Agnew, "My Jesus" then read the lyrics, then read Todd's explanation letter about this song. Then ask yourself the above question again, for real this time. Then study some of Jesus' stories in the Bible again. If we are going to tell the world who Jesus is then we need to know ourselves. I also will have a link to this song on my link list.
Thanks,
I love You all because Jesus loved me, and you to.
David

4 comments:

Mark O Wilson said...

Informal Wesleyan Blogger Breakfast in Orlando. 8:00 a.m. Thursday Morning, Jan 4. Augustine's which is on site at Wyndham. Pricey, at around $14 for breakfast buffet, but includes good company! Would love to have you join us.

Unknown said...

Hey buddy. I just wanted to say how great it was seeing you, Nicole, and the kids this weekend. It looks like things are going well, and that makes me happy.

The sorellas: said...

Hey Pastor D,
Very thought provoking. It makes me realize how radical Jesus is. I guess my concept of Jesus is first and foremost not what he looks like but more of utter acceptance and forgiveness. If I think about what he looks like it is not the popular soft clean picture of Jesus on every church wall but more on the side of like Dog-the bounty hunter.
Jesus staining the church carpet? No problem: We have a million kool aid stains so its all good. 

boneyfish said...

I'd buy this guy 3 mountain Dews, 2 expresso's,,,